Real Estate Edge by Mike Michalski & Sachi FujitaHome
Mike Michalski & Sachi Fujita’s
A Real Estate Resource for the Beach Cities of Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo and Beyond
- Search For Homes
- About Us
- Follow Us
- Contractor Resources
- Contact Us
Our Latest Blog Posts
Sunday, April 24th, 2016
We just listed this oversized, 6,688 sqft lot in the American Martyrs area of Manhattan Beach for $2,595,000. This is an ideal development opportunity for a savvy buyer/developer who wants to build a home that’s just a short stroll from Live Oak park, Martyrs and Pacific elementary schools, downtown Manhattan Beach and the surf and sand of one of California’s best beaches.
This magnificent plot of land, with 166 feet of frontage on 18th Street (one of the best streets in the American Martyrs district), has been cleared and can be developed for spec or as the owner’s dream home.
Included are fully approved and permitted plans for a 6-bedroom, 5200 square foot contemporary masterpiece with basement designed by renowned architect Daryl Olesinski of O Plus L Building Projects. The plans are available for review.
Friday, January 1st, 2016
Another of our brand new Manhattan Beach homes, this 6-bedroom, 7-bath American Martyrs masterpiece from premiere builders Titan and Co was designed with the architecture of the British West Indies in mind. Offered at $4,799,000.
Friday, January 1st, 2016
Brand new construction in the Manhattan Beach Hill section. This contemporary take on the beach plantation has 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths and almost 5,100 sqft of living space on a 7,500 sqft lot. At the new price of $4,699,000, this home is worth a look if you want a very special and brand spanking new home in the Hill section.
Sunday, December 14th, 2014
If you’ve traveled down Pacific Avenue in the Manhattan Beach Tree section between Rosecrans and Valley, you’ve probably spotted this home at 3105 Pacific Avenue. Designed by local architect Stephen Jones as his family’s personal residence, he dubbed the style “Contemporary Craftsman” in a recent Wall Street Journal article (“Home Buyers Embrace The Contemporary Craftsman […]
Saturday, December 6th, 2014
Most experts are forecasting an increase in both the number of homes sold and home sale prices nationwide for 2015. Read their predictions here.
Thursday, November 20th, 2014
Now that 1904 The Strand in Manhattan Beach has closed for an eye-popping sale price of $15,750,000, the question immediately come to mind “Is this a record high home sale price in Manhattan Beach?” Surprisingly, due to two separate off-market sales – one in the Hill section and another a corner Strand lot – the answer is no. Read more here.
Sunday, November 9th, 2014
Buying all cash with no mortgage? Why? Here are some reasons.
Tuesday, October 14th, 2014
Looks like the developers of a massive Hermosa Valley home on El Oeste Drive (still under construction) are intent on setting a new sale price record for this neighborhood by a country mile. Read more here.
Monday, October 6th, 2014
Almost every residential real estate sale requires the seller to complete a transfer disclosure statement, also known in the industry as a TDS. This 3-page form compels the seller to tell the buyer everything about the home that could adversely and materially affect its value. But we’ve seen cases – two in Manhattan Beach – where the seller appeared not to disclose a material defect or nuisance to the buyer. Read more here.
Monday, September 8th, 2014
So what will $2 million buy in Manhattan Beach? Over the last seven years, the answer to that question has changed dramatically. Read more here.
The double Strand lot at 1942 The Strand, Hermosa Beach, which is in escrow for a list price of $16.9 million may have hit a snag as the listing status just went from Pending to Backup. Find out what that means here....More Bites!
LA Kings’ star buys two adjoining lots in the north Sand section of Manhattan Beach, just two doors from the Strand. Price tag? $10 million. Read more here....More Bites!
Quick Home Search
Mike Michalski, JD
Serving The Beach Cities Of
And Surrounding Communities
- 2016 (3)
- 2014 (52)
- December (4)
- November (3)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (1)
- June (6)
- May (2)
- High-Priced Dirt
- Another Big Sale in East Manhattan
- Kim & Kanye in Manhattan Beach? Don't Think So.
- Unfinished South Redondo Mansion Update
- Deal or No Deal - Off-Market Lot Sales Continue
- Off-Market in Hermosa
- Off-Market Sales Not Confined To Just Lot Sales
- Future Laker Hall-of-Famer Retiring in the Sand Section
- LA King Sets South Redondo Record
- New Listing - 364 Richmond Street, El Segundo
- Small Homes - Expensive Prices
- Lots of Lots Are Trading Off-Market
- March (4)
- February (5)
- January (6)
- 2013 (74)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (5)
- Sunny Times = Sunny Homes
- Going Long Pays Off
- Last Week's Winners & Losers (Sept 15-21)
- $8.7 Million Teardown?
- Louisiana Plantation Finally Sells
- You Call This Downsizing?
- Last Week's Winners & Losers (Sept 8-14)
- $16 Mil Burning A Hole In Your Pocket?
- Last Week's Winners & Losers (Sept 1-8)
- At Last, Interest in Double Lot on Maple?
- Last Week's Winners & Losers (Aug 25-31)
- Manhattan Beach Tree Section Sale Hits $3.7 Million
- What Materials Did They Use In The Remodel?
- Last Week's Winners & Losers (Aug 18 - 24)
- Energy Drink Mogul Flipping 3001 The Strand?
- Shortpay Goes Long
- Last Week's Winners & Losers (Aug 11-17)
- Last Week's Winners and Losers in the South Bay
- John Zivec, RIP
- July (4)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (7)
- Rosecrans Revisited
- Laker Coach To Set New Walkstreet Record?
- $16 Mil Home Traders End Up On The Strand (Naturally)
- A Rising Tide
- A Cool $2 Million (plus) Profit in One Year
- Market Hits Overdrive With Manhattan Walkstreet Pricing
- Another Off-Market Sale from the Snoops Tour
- You Know It's A Hot Market (Part 2)
- Marine Townhomes Finally Sell Out
- Volleyballer Moves On
- February (7)
- January (4)
- 2012 (33)
- Xmas Gift of Rising Home Prices
- Update on Luxury South Redondo Homes
- REO A No-Go - Nails & Superglue
- $7.8 Million Strand Teardown
- Pockets Rock It
- Fume Bandits Are Back
- Oak Avenue Anecdote
- Hot Market for Off-Market Properties
- Mold Litigation & The Fungus Among Us
- All Greek To Us
- Just Hear Those Sleigh Bells Ringing
- Zivec Continues Building Spree
- The Scoop on the Sandpiper Homes
- Just In Time For Xmas - Part Deux
- Short Pays for the Holidays
- Fiscal Cliff Avoided on 17th Street?
- Just In Time For Xmas
- How Not To Cancel A Purchase Contract
- Teeny Tiny Tree Lot Turns Over
- Manhattan Sand Lot Sale Stalled by Tenant's Lawsuit
- 512 4th Generates Bidding War
- Surfing The Net
- Big Hermosa View Lot Now Unfettered & Sold
- The Price Of An Ocean View
- Massive Hill Section Foreclosure To Hit the Market
- Extreme Home Makeover In Reverse
- October (4)
- September (3)
- December (11)
Latest Manhattan Beach Listings
Latest Hermosa Beach Listings
Latest South Redondo Listings
Latest North Redondo Listings
Mortgage Rates (As of June 13)
- All rates quoted are for jumbo loans to $2 million with no points and 20% down (Higher loan amounts are available with higher percentage down payments)
- 30-yr Fixed - 3.50%
- 15-yr Fixed - 3.25%
- 5/1 Adjustable - 2.75%
- 7/1 Adjustable - 2.75%
- 10/1 Adjustable - 3.125%